Art Car Boot Fair
Date: Saturday 16 & Sunday 17 July 2022
BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art / Car Park
11 – 5pm
We are excited to announce the launch of BALTIC’s Art Car Boot Fair, a new event in our annual calendar bringing together work by artists from across the North and beyond.
Presenting a wide range of affordable artworks, the fair is a perfect opportunity for anyone interested in contemporary art to purchase new and unique works, meet the artists and soak up the atmosphere. There’ll be a relaxed soundtrack from live DJs too alongside food and drink stalls.
The Art Car Boot Fair takes place during BALTIC’s 20th Birthday celebratory weekend.
Our aim is to provide artists of all disciplines with a platform to exhibit and sell their work in a fun and informal environment. We are encouraging diversity, so whether you simply want to sell new or existing work or have a creative idea for your pitch, all applications will be considered.
Applications open on 9 May 2022 and close at 23:59 on 31 May 2022.
Applications can only be made via Submittable.
Successful applicants will be notified by email by 10 June 2022.
To apply please complete the application form which includes a description of your practice or your idea for your pitch, including a proposal of items you will be selling/exhibiting (max 500 words). You can also submit up to 5 jpegs.
Pitches are priced as follows;
• Individual artist: £30 per day or £50 full weekend
• Galleries or collectives: £40 or £70 full weekend
• Table Hire £5 (6ft trestle, no table covering provided)
Invoices will be emailed out to successful applicants from 13 June 2022.
Payment must be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice to secure pitch or it will be reallocated.
A ceiling price of £200 applies to all artworks for sale.
Vehicle-sharing and table only pitches are available.
All sales income is commission free and remains with the artist.
This opportunity is open to all.
We regret that we will be unable to contact artists who are not selected for the fair. We appreciate the time and effort we know goes into every application and thank you for your interest.
• Set up for the event begins at 9.00am each day.
• Vehicles for weekend pitches can be left overnight at the owner’s risk.
• Take down will commence from 5.00pm each day.
• There will be free WiFi access.
• Payment facilities will remain the responsibility of the artist.
• A food and drink offer will be available to purchase from within the car park and also from BALTIC Riverside.
• Cancellation Policy: If you need to cancel your pitch, you should email email@example.com as soon as possible. If you notify us of a cancellation by 30 June 2022 you will receive a full refund. Cancellations after this date are non-refundable.